Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Mom time...

Seriously, what is better than having a day to hang out with your mom? I mean it. We had a blast and I would go weekly if I could....I love my momma! This past Saturday the hubs had his very first golf tournament. My dad was on is team so I thought it would be unto do something with my mom that I haven't been able to do in do long time. Antique shopping. I have so many fond memories of gazing hours on end at fun old trinkets and knick-knacks...some familiar and some just plain odd. I had such a great time! There was one thing I had my eye set out for though. A cookie jar. I have been needing/wanting one for so long so I thought this was the day I found one. After walking aisle by aisle at the Antique Trove I thought that it was just not my day, until we walked into the second to last vendor's nook. On the very top of the shelf I saw white and an oreo cookie. I grabbed it down and found my very first cookie jar! It's so cute and I was ecstatic when I saw the price too... After a disappointing beginning of my day I was so happy to have found what I originally set out to buy. On another note...

The only disappointment of the day was that I found something I have NEVER seen before. I have always been in love with Edgar Degas-he is a famous French artist and sculptor. My favorite art pieces of all time belong to him. I have a blanket I adore with a replica of my favorite painting... One piece that is especially close to my heart is a sculpture called Little Dancer Of Fourteen Years. My uncle brought me back a postcard of her when he visited NYC and I have it framed. So when I saw a small replica of my statue I wanted it so so badly. It was mine as soon I could get my hands on it but when I picked it up I realized my dreams were dashed. $135. No way could I buy that when I told Robert I'd spend $40 tops, and on a cookie jar. I reluctantly put it back down but I have never seen anything ever that I have such a strong love for. It's just a statue to a lot of people but this statue means so much more to me. It is my hopes, dreams, childhood and so many emotions packaged in a beautiful bronze girl. One day.....maybe one day.



No comments: